The Computer Lab has 16 computers available for public access computing.
- Windows 7 Professional
- Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access).
- GIMP (photo editor)
- Roxio Creator (CD burning software)
- Windows DVD Maker (DVD burning software)
- VLC Media Player (video and DVD player)
- Internet Explorer 11
- Symantec anti-virus
- Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz, quad core
- 10 GB memory
- ATI Radeon HD 2400 video card
- DVD-RW drive
- 19-in-1 media card reader
- External headphone jack (must bring your own headphones)
- USB ports (flash drives can be used)
- Temporary data storage on hard drive
- 17″ flat screen monitor
Additional public access computers are available outside the Computer Lab.
All computers have access to the internet. Two web browsers are available: Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox.
In order to comply with the Children’s Internet Protection Act, internet access is filtered to prevent access to malicious or inappropriate websites. If you think a legitimate website is being blocked, a request can be submitted to unblock it. Requests take up to 48 hours to process.
Occasionally, internet service is disrupted in order to perform maintenance or upgrades. You can sign up for advance email notifications of service downtime.
All patrons must abide by our internal guidelines for appropriate use of the internet.
The computer hard drives are automatically wiped and restored to a previous state whenever they are turned off or restarted. Web browsers are configured to clear cache and cookies when closed. Anti-virus definitions are updated regularly.
Patrons are responsible for logging out of their accounts, closing their files, and deleting any files they save to the Temporary Patron Drive (a temporary storage location on the hard drive).
Two wheelchair accessible workstations are available for patrons with physical disabilities.
The computers contain the following assistive technology:
- NDVA screen reading software
- Windows Ease of Access apps, including Narrator, Magnifier, and an on-screen keyboard (speech recognition not supported)