These policies apply to materials checked out at the Montgomery County-Norristown Public Library. The Materials borrowed through local libraries in the Montgomery County District may be subject to local library lending policies. Please ask your librarian to explain the policies at the time you borrow materials.
- Patrons MUST USE THEIR OWN physical library card when borrowing materials. You may borrow up to five (5) DVD/ Blu Ray/Video game per card. However, you can only borrow (1) Video game per platform. You may borrow materials once per day.
- Rentals are $1.00 per DVD/Blu Ray/Video game displayed in plastic covers. Multi-Disc sets are $2.00 for the rental period.There is no rental fee for educational material. In consideration for other patrons, please return your materials on time.
New releases are borrowed for a 2-night period only. Older titles and educational material are borrowed for a 1 week (7 day) period. Video games are borrowed for a 1 week (7day) period and cannot be renewed.
FINES FOR ALL A/V MATERIALS:
$2.00 per item for each day late.
$2.00 for each lost or damaged case.
If materials are NOT returned or lost, a bill will be issued for the cost of the DVD, Blu Ray or video game. Our materials are quite expensive, so returning them on time should be your absolute priority.
- Patrons MUST be 18 years of age or have a permission card signed by a parent or guardian. Parents and/or guardians do not have to be present to sign their children up for this borrowing privilege. Children will be allowed to take permission card home. It must be signed by a parent and returned along with an identifying document with the name of the signing parent. Children borrowing materials will either have privileges to select children’s, educational and rated E (everyone) video games or to borrow from the entire collection (including Rated-R movies and T(Teen) and M(Mature) video games.
- ALL A/V materials checked out at MC-NPL CAN be returned to ANY LIBRARY IN THE DISTRICT or BOOKMOBILE, with the exception of Video games. They must be returned to MC-NPL. A/V materials MAY also be returned to the outside book drop-off bins if the library is closed.
- Patrons may “re-rent” materials once for the same time as the initial loan period. No Renewals on Video Games. It can be done in person, telephone, or over the Internet. Rental fees will be assessed when material is returned.
- In compliance with copyright laws, the library circulates DVD/Blu Ray/Video Games with the prefix “MV” for Home Use Only. It is not legal to show those materials in a public place (such as a community center, church, school or daycare center) without the express written consent and permission of the copyright owner.
- Any unauthorized duplication of materials is a violation of federal copyright laws and will result in permanent suspension of borrowing privileges and possible legal action. Use of materials for public viewing is prohibited, except in the case of school organizations and community centers licensed by the Federal Government to do so.
The Montgomery County-Norristown Public Library is not responsible for any damage to any dvd player, blu ray/ game system or television as a result of their material. Our materials are inspected for damage and wear, and are replaced or withdrawn from collection as required.
The time taken to read and understand these policies and procedures is sincerely appreciated by both the staff of the Audio-Visual department, and the staff of the Montgomery County-Norristown Public Library. If you have any questions regarding these policies and procedures, please do not hesitate to ask any member of the Video Services staff.
We look forward to helping you satisfy your educational and entertainment needs