with a maximum of $ 8.00
with a maximum of $ 6.00
New releases are borrowed for a 2-night period only. Older titles and educational material are borrowed for a 1 week (7 day) period. Video games are borrowed for a 1 week (7day) period and cannot be renewed.FINES FOR ALL A/V MATERIALS:
$2.00 per item for each day late.
$1.00 if the video is not rewound.
$2.00 for each lost or damaged case.
If materials are NOT returned or lost, a bill will be issued for the cost of the video or DVD or video game.Our materials are quite expensive, so returning them on time should be your absolute priority.
- Patrons MUST be 18 years of age or have a permission card signed by a parent or guardian. Parents and/or guardians do not have to be present to sign their children up for this borrowing privilege. Children will be allowed to take permission card home. It must be signed by a parent and returned along with an identifying document with the name of the signing parent. Children borrowing materials will either have privileges to select children’s, educational and rated E (everyone) video games or to borrow from the entire collection (including Rated-R movies and T(Teen) and M(Mature) video games.
- ALL A/V materials checked out at MC-NPL CAN be returned to ANY LIBRARY IN THE DISTICT or BOOKMOBILE, with the exception of Video games. They must be returned to MCNPL.A/V materials MAY also be returned to the outside book drop-off bins.
- Patrons may “re-rent” materials once for the same time as the initial loan period. No Renewals on Video Games. It can be done in person, telephone, or over the Internet. Rental fees will be assessed when material is returned.
- Use of videos for Public Performance or Group use is limited to videos with the prefix “MVP” or “MAC“.
- In compliance with copyright laws, the library circulates videos/DVD with the prefix “MV” for Home Use Only. It is not legal to show those materials in a public place (such as a community center, church, school or daycare center) without the express written consent and permission of the copyright owner.
- Any unauthorized duplication of materials is a violation of federal copyright laws and will result in permanent suspension of borrowing privileges and possible legal action. Use of materials for public viewing is prohibited, except in the case of school organizations and community centers licensed by the Federal Government to do so.
- Please note: The image from the videotape may waver and roll on the television screen. This is caused by an electronic signal imprinted on the tape to prevent unauthorized duplication. You can eliminate the waver and roll by adjusting the tracking dial on your VCR and or vertical hold on your television.
- THE MONTGOMERY COUNTY-NORRISTOWN PUBLIC LIBRARY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO A VCR, DVD PLAYER, OR TELEVISION AS A RESULT OF THEIR MATERIAL. OUR MATERIALS ARE INSPECTED FOR DAMAGE AND WEAR, AND ARE REPLACED OR WITHDRAWN FROM COLLECTION AS REQUIRED.
The time taken to read and understand these policies and procedures is sincerely appreciated by both the staff of the Audio-Visual department, and the staff of the Montgomery County~Norristown Public Library. If you have any questions regarding these policies and procedures, please do not hesitate to ask any member of the A/V staff.
We look forward to helping you satisfy your educational and entertainment needs!