DONATE YOUR OLD BOOKS
HELP THE LIBRARY
THE MONTGOMERY COUNTY-NORRISTOWN PUBLIC LIBRARY
WELCOMES YOUR DONATIONS OF BOOKS AND OTHER
MATERIALS IN GOOD CONDITION
What can be donated?
- Hardback and Paperback Books:
- Children’s picture books, fiction & non-fiction
- Adult fiction & non-fiction
- Audio-Cassettes and Compact Discs
- DVDs and VHS Tapes
What cannot be donated?
- Reader’s Digest Condensed books
- Textbooks published more than 5 years ago
- Encyclopedia sets
- Materials with missing or torn pages, water damage, or mold cannot be accepted.
Please be selective! Materials in poor condition must be disposed of at the Library’s expense. Please limit your donation to no more than 2 boxes or 50 items at one time.
Where do donations go?
The library decides what happens to all donations. Some are added to our collection while others are offered for sale. All sale proceeds help to support the Library’s activities.
Where can I make a donation?
Donations can be dropped off at the Circulation Desk. Donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. The library will provide you with a receipt for tax purposes. However the library cannot assign a value to donations.