MC-NPL COMPUTER LAB REGULATIONS & POLICIES
- To use the Computer Lab the patron must sign into the Lab with a Library Card or an Access Granted pass. The Card must be current and in good standing, meaning no overdue materials or fines. The Card must have an internet sticker on it.
- A waiting list is started when the Lab is at full capacity. Patrons that have been in the Lab for the longest period of time but for at least half an hour, will be asked to leave first. Patrons must vacate their computer within 5 minutes after being asked to leave.
- A maximum of two (2) patrons are allowed at one computer at any given time. Both patrons must have Library Cards or Access Granted passes.*
- Children age 13 and above can have their own computer. Children 12 and under must share a computer with a supervising adult. Both adult and child* must have a Library Card or Access Granted pass.
- Small children must be secured in a stroller, carrier, etc.
- Patron is responsible for removal of private information stored on the Temporary Patron Drive or on USB drives borrowed from the Lab.
- Any personal item including removable media and other electronic devices left in the Lab will be taken to Lost & Found. (See Circulation Department for disposition of Lost and Found items.)
- All prints made are the financial responsibility of the patron. Payment by cash or check only, is expected upon completion of the session. Base fee is $.15 per text page; toner intensive prints or pictures are charged at either $0.50 or $1 per page.
- Patrons must silence cell phones and pagers while in the Lab. Calls must be answered in the Library lobby, not in the Lab.
*Children under 4 are not required to have a library card or pass to share a computer with their parent.
COMPUTER LAB BANNING POLICIES
- Viewing pornographic images: first time offense is a ban of 30 days from the Library; second offense constitutes a ban of 6 months from the Library.
- Verbally abusive, disruptive, uncooperative, or threatening behavior: first offense is a ban of 30 days from the Library.
- Deliberate abuse or destruction of computer equipment: permanent ban from the Library.
- Violent act (punching, pushing, hitting, brandishing a weapon): permanent ban from the Library.
Approved by the MC-NPL Board at April 2004 general meeting